Accountant Vacancy at FNB Botswana Finance | Apply Now
Accountant – IRC240946
at Botswana, Gaborone, Botswana in FNB Botswana Finance
Ends 27 Feb 2023
Implementing and enhancing the accounting workflow systems and processes within the business while ensuring that financial controls and procedures are followed and adhered to for various internal & external stakeholders. In addition, the role includes compiling statutory, regulatory and management reporting for the business.
experience and qualifications
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3 to 5 years basic accounting/post articles experience.
- A broad understanding and experience in banking. Derivative and Fixed income instrument knowledge advantageous.
- Deadlines for promotions are met.
- BA returns are accurate and correctly classified.
- Analysis schedules completed correctly.
- Manage the relationship with regulatory team.
- Ensure the regulatory returns agree to the general ledger.
- Prepare reports for management.
- Ensure that the reports agree back to the general ledger.
- Provide value add commentary and insights into the business.
- Improve efficiencies/decreased month-end durations.
- Automate as much of the processes as possible.
- Prepare budgets.
- Meet all internal and Group deadlines Effective explanation and insight into budgeted numbers.
- Timely and accurate statutory reporting including completing hfm.
- Completion of sub-schedules with adequate reconciliations.
- Correct disclosures in FAS packs
- Reconciliations to subs-systems and general ledgers.
- Sign off on costs incurred by the business.
- Implement cost saving initiatives.
- Prepare cost reporting for management with relevant insights into the costs.
- Ensure all tax matters are complied with.
- Liaise with group tax to ensure that tax risks are mitigated.