The Department of Tertiary Education Financing (DTEF) Sponsorship Transfer Request And Change of Program Details
All new applicants who wish to change programme of study within the institution or transfer from one institution to another are hereby advised to log into the system and post their transfer/change request.
Note that it is mandatory to attach a new admission letter of the institution where you wish to transfer. The other documents such as academic transcripts and sponsorship letters are optional.
Applicants are further advised that following submission of their requests online they should report to DTEF offices – Cherry Hall Counter Service in person for further processing.
Services will continue during the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) from 08:00 to 16:00 hrs
1.Log into the official website tef.gov.bw
2. Click Apply for Sponsorship
3. Click on request and select transfer and then continue with the process until you submit
4. Report/come to DTEF for further processing.
Deadline for submission 12th August 2022.
DTEF Online Application 2022/2023 Info
DTEF Online Application 2022/2023
The government is considering to re-sponsor thousands of tertiary education students, whose sponsorship has been terminated due to various] reasons including poor performance on the part of students.
The Permanent Secretary in the relevant Ministry, that of Education and Skills Development, , Mariam Maroba, says that a survey was conducted to find out how many young people are in need of sponsorship, adding that the number so far sits at 2500.
Maroba told a Parliament Public Accounts Committee meeting yesterday that discussions are ongoing with Finance Ministry to provide funding for these students.
Placement Division coordinates sponsorship award criteria, selects applicants and places them into reputable accredited institutions approved by the relevant accrediting bodies.
Currently sponsorship for students is administered in the following institutions:
- Local Public and Private Tertiary institutions
- Accredited external institutions (Regionally and Overseas)
Who is eligible?
- Botswana citizen who is NOT gainfully employed.
- Applicants must be able to complete the programme of study before turning thirty five (35) years of age.
- The cut-off point for Government sponsorship is 36 points for Secondary Education.
- Candidates who have upgraded their results must also have a minimum of 36 points.
- Orphan & Vulnerable Children (OVC), Rural Area Children (RAC), Special Education Needs (SEN) with minimum cut off points of 31.- applicants under this category should be certified and registered with the Social Welfare Office.
- Progression consideration is based on recognition of prior learning.
- Prospective applicants must have completed lower qualifications not less than three years (3) at the time of applying except for Masters in Psychology and must be able to complete the programme of study by the age of THIRTY- FIVE (35) or below.
- Consideration for sponsorship is STRICTLY limited to the prioritized fields of study as per the sponsorship cycle.
Re-sponsorship Students;(NB – Target group is determined as per re-sponsorship cycle)
- Students NOT currently under sponsorship
- All outstanding modules/subjects should be completed within one (1) academic year at the most.
- The students must not have previously benefited from re-sponsorship.
- Some students would have been terminated due to poor academic performance but have sponsored themselves to pass all the failed modules/ subjects or have passed relevant year after change of course. These students must also satisfy the following conditions;
- The student should have passed ALL outstanding modules.
- Where the student changed courses, he/she must have sponsored themselves for the same number of years as he/she was sponsored by Government.
- The student should submit a complete academic transcript.
- A financial statement, which states that the student does not have any outstanding debts with the institution or a letter from institution stating that the student has no outstanding fees.
Top Achievers Students;(NB-Criteria is subject to change as per sponsorship cycle)
- Applicants should have attained at least any of the following grades:
- 6A*s at BGCSE/IGCSE
- 3A’s at AS
- 3A’s at A Levels
- 4 (7) at Matric
- The qualifying applicants will be placed in local institutions for A-Level/IBD Programmes or directly into Top Tier Universities internationally.
Application Deadline: 12th August 2022
Scholarship Application Form 2022/2023
How do I get this service?
In order to access this service, applicants must follow the following steps:
- Download and submit the Loan Application form along with all supporting documentation to the Department of Tertiary Financing located at Block 6, plot number 37893, Universal Estate, Sephatlhaphatlha Road.
- Upon receipt of application, acknowledgement letter is issued to the applicant.
- Placement officers will assess the application forms and supporting documents.
- If successful, Applicant details will then be captured in Student Loan Management System (SLMS) and placement officer append signature as witness in the Loan Agreement.
- Placement officer generates Sponsorship Letter from SLMS, which will be manually signed by Head of Division.
- Feedback to the applicant is provided within ten (10) days
What supporting documents are required?
When applying for the service please attach the following documents:
- Admission letter clearly showing name of programme and its duration
- A Certified copy of a valid National Identification card (Omang)
- Certified copy of High School results/certificate or Statement Results
- Affidavit of names in case where names are different between certificate and Omang
- Social Inquiry Report from Social Workers in case of OVC applicant-those with less than 36 points
- Confirmation Letter on social status in those less than 36 points
- Confirmation Letter on RAC status in case of RAC applicant
- Detailed Assessment Report from Special Education Department in case of SEN applicant
How long will this service take?
Ten (10) working days
How much does it cost?
Where can I obtain this service?
Department of Tertiary Financing located at Block 6, plot number 37893, Universal Estate, Sephatlhaphatlha Road
Where can I get more information on this Service
Department of Tertiary Financing
Block 6, Plot, 37893 Gaborone,
Tel: (267 316 4023/ 371 9320/21/22/19)
Fax: (267 397 2775)