Learner Official (Engineering) Job Offer at Debswana Diamond Company – Gaborone
Title: Learner Official – Engineering
Closing Date: 31 March 2023
Learner Official – Engineering
Location: Gaborone, BW
Debswana Diamond Company would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
Purpose of the Role
To develop competency in the field of Mineral Resources Management (Mining Geology) to the level of a Mine Production Geologist after successful completion of the 2-year Learner Official programme as specified.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Get exposure on practical, hands on work experience in relevant section on rotational basis
- Get an appreciation for and apply current policies and procedures in related fields
- Be accorded the training to enable them to develop skills and competencies necessary to subsequently perform at a substantive level
Other Job Responsibilities
- Adheres to all Safety, Health, and Environmental policies and procedures in area of responsibility
- BSc Engineering – Mechanical/Electrical/Civil/Automation & Instrumentation with a Minimum of second-class second division 2 (ii), from a recognized university or comparable institution or equivalent
No experience required.
Legal Certification/Professional Registration
- Initiative, energy and drive
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate well with different levels of people
- Ability to plan and prioritize work accordingly
- Analytical Skills
- Concern for Safety, Health and the Environment
Debswana is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that we only contact shortlisted candidates.
Job Segment: Training, Engineer, Electrical, Geology, Instrumentation, Education, Engineering