Procurement Manager (Oversight) Vacancy at Botswana Geoscience Institute Closing 17th February, 2023 | Apply Now
POSITION: PROCUREMENTMANAGER (OVERSIGHT)
Reporting to the CEO as part of the procurement oversight initiative, the role is responsible for the development, modelling and execution of the procurement oversight strategies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement/ Supply Chain Management /CIPS level 6.
• A Masters qualification in the fields above will be an added advantage.
• Membership to a relevant Professional Body will be an added advantage.
Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience in managing procurement function, of which 5 years should have been at senior management level.
• Expert knowledge in purchasing and supply chain management
• Negotiations and networking
• Aptitude in decision making
• Financial acumen
• Analytical skills
• Project management
• Proficiency in Micro Soft Office
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Develop and implement procurement oversight strategies, policies and related Legislation.
• Develop and manage the procurement oversight and analytics processes
• Conduct procurement capacity, risk and performance assessments
• Design relevant dashboards, key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports for key stakeholders, including: senior management, Oversight Advisors, procurement specialists and practitioners
• Support, strengthen and improve change initiatives that will lead to enhanced knowledge and effective
application of procurement processes and tools
• Articulate procurement innovation solutions
• Enable the operational and managerial oversight procurement activities for the Institute through appropriate systems and reports.
• Lead implementation of the sustainable procurement process.
• Be the principal advisor to an Accounting Officer (Chief Executive Officer) on any procurement matter falling within the scope of the relevant Act
• Ensure that any procurement activity by a procuring entity is conducted in accordance with the provisions of the Act
• Be responsible for the pre-adjudication, adjudication and recommendation of an award, rejection, cancellation or any other appropriate recommendation related to a tender in a procuring entity.
• Prepare and assist in negotiating the terms and conditions of all contracts in the Institute
• Managing service contracts in accordance with company policies and procedures
• Technical expertise
• Risk management
• Execution and delivery
• Contract management
• Financial management
• Business Acumen
BGI offers a competitive remuneration package that is commensurate with the position.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are requested to Send application letter, CV, certified copies of certificates and three (3) recent reference letters to; firstname.lastname@example.org not later the 17th February 2023.