Part Time Tutors Needed at Botswana Open University (BOU) Apply Now!!! | Ends 28th February, 2023
Part-Time Tutors BEd in the Special and Inclusive Education programme
Botswana Open University (BOU) requires suitably qualified and duty-conscious individuals to serve as part-time tutors in the BEd. Special and Inclusive Education programme (Offered in Gaborone, Palapye, Francistown, Maun and Kang Regional Campuses)
Tutors are required for the following modules:
- Human Development and Learning
- Approaches to Teaching and Learning
- Teaching and Learning Approaches for Learners with Special
- Assessment and Learning
- Technologies for Teaching and Learning in an inclusive
- Classroom Management
- Introduction to Research
- Early Childhood Education
- Education and Society.
- Improving Professional Practice in Schools
- Gender Studies
- Research Project
Applicants should indicate courses that they are able to tutor.
Key Performance Areas:
The responsibility areas of the successful candidates will include the following:
Prepare and deliver tutorials online in accordance with programme quality standards and guidelines.
Respond to course related queries raised by learners through different means of communication.
Keep records of learner attendance, learner progress, and any other relevant records.
Provide guidance and counselling to learners.
Required Qualifications, Experience.
- A Master’s degree in one or more of the following disciplines:
Special Education, Special Education and Transition, Special
and Inclusive Education, Education (Inclusion and Disability),
Inclusion and Special Educational Needs.
- A minimum of two years teaching experience in tertiary
- Demonstrable evidence of familiarity with use of electronic
resources in the delivery of teaching and learning.
- Experience with distance learning
- Possession of a teaching qualification
- Registration with BQA as Assessor and/or Moderator
• Communication and Interpersonal Skills.
• Organization and Planning.
• Classroom Management.
• Facilitation and Engagement.
• Assessment and Coaching.
• Collaboration and Teamwork.
• Caring and Inclusiveness.
Applicants are required to have internet connectivity as this will be an IT-mediated programme
BOU is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive remuneration package.
How to Apply
Interested persons who meet the above stated requirements should email their applications together with copies of their Curriculum Vitae, ID, relevant certified copies of certificates and two recent relevant references.
Application should be addressed to the Director, Human Resources, Botswana Open University Private Bag BO 187 Bontleng, Gaborone, and emailed; to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB: Only short listed candidates will be responded to. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Closing date: 28th February 2023